Reporting & Statutory Data Analyst
Would you like the opportunity to develop your career with a global energy company?
Do you enjoy working with financial data?
Be part of a team that keeps moving
Our Global Finance Controllership Team provides support for the business for technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis.
Partner with the best
As a Reporting & Statutory Data Analyst you will demonstrate expertise in Financial Data Analyst.
As a Reporting & Statutory Data Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing internal controls over financial reporting, including accounting policy implementations, SOX, distributed controllership, process simplification and internal controls over IPP monitoring and risk. Serve as controllership experts on financial system and ERP implementations.
- Building a good relationship with the Functional Process Owners and develop a good understanding of their data to improve data processing for audit requirements
- Working with team to automate and improve on their data processes to achieve efficiency and productivity
- Contributing project as a team member. Work goals typically take 1-3 month to complete and results are seen immediately or within 1-2 months
- Assessing and tracking the quality of data and working with the team to solve issues
- Extracting insight from data and explain, giving root cause analysis and recommendation to relevant stakeholders
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance/ IT or equivalent.
- Have good oral & written communication skills and good interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Have Good SQL query/development skills (Athena/Presto, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL)
- Have experience of other languages such as R or Python and expertise Excel VBA which allow the individual to initiate the development and programming RPA tools to support digital transformation
- Have experience of handling financial data from digital platforms such as Oracle & SAP
- Have self-driven to take initiatives to achieve. Passionate about the power of data to build better business outcomes
- Have good problem solving skills.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Occasional home working possible.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.