Institutional Fund Accountant
The Unitized Valuation and Reporting Services (UVRS) division determines Net Asset Values (NAV) for Defined Contribution plans such as 401(k) plans, profit sharing plans and public funds on a daily basis. Most of the group’s clients are large corporate relationships with portfolios containing equities, mutual funds, derivatives and fixed income securities. In addition to analyzing and auditing participant investment options, UVRS produces monthly and annual portfolio statements as well as 5500 reporting to clients and the Department of Labor.
Evaluate, analyze and reconcile Mutual Funds and separately managed funds for production of client month-end reports and to determine the Net Asset Value (NAV) on a daily basis for Defined Contribution plans such as 401(k) plans, profit sharing plan, Public funds etc. Analyze impact of Investment Manager trading activity on the investment portfolio returns and market value. Also, audit income posting, accruals, and corporate actions --all within scheduled time frames. Perform exception resolution of cash, holdings reports and price variances and any activity in the investment accounts.
Strong knowledge of accounting / finance and securities usually obtained through business related coursework and/or prior related experience. Analytical skills and Organizational skills are required to research and resolve inquiries within scheduled timeframes to meet client deadlines. Attention to Detail and Multiple Tasking skills are required to value the funds in a timely and accurate manner. Ability to absorb information fast and work in a Fast Paced environment and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy is critical.
- Determine Net Asset Value (NAV) for defined contribution plans on a daily basis.
- Evaluate and reconcile funds including mutual, benchmark, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports for daily valuation.
- Analyze the impact of transactions, income positions, accruals, and corporate actions on the portfolio investment options.
- Audit and resolve exceptions on assigned accounts according to procedures and within scheduled timeframes.
- Assist in the timely preparation of reports and financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and performance standards.
- Record and respond to partner and client inquiries resolving exceptions related to accounts.
- Value funds on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Provide client portfolio and 5500 reporting.
- Serve as a resource to clients, partners, and members of the team for clarity, understanding, and information regarding your relationships.
- Utilize knowledge of client needs and business operations to assist with special requests of clients or other partner areas.
- Assist Technical Coordinator in training the Portfolio Accounting Analysts.
- Be part of all transitions, conversions and plan changes for each of your clients. i.e. Attend all meetings and stay involved with transition from start to finish.
- Assist Technical Coordinator in the nightly NAV review process.
Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred or relevant work experience in Fund Accounting or Mutual Fund Accounting. New grads with a Business degree may be considered. Strong Excel skills and usage of a Macro/Access is plus.
Experience in Sun-Guard Systems (Invest-One) is a plus.
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday: 10:30CT -7PMCT
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.