Head of Asset Management Services, VP
Who we are looking for
A Head of Asset Management Services who will be directly responsible for group(s) servicing clients headed by Asset Managers Senior Managers therefore require strong staff management and client servicing skills as well as relevant industry experience.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Head of Asset Management Services you will
- Be directly responsible for managing Asset Manager Services teams therefore require strong staff management and client servicing skills.
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with internal and external clients.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Assume senior managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the assign team(s) in Poland.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Influence decisions and partner with senior managers to implement global solutions across all teams and locations.
- Lead Service Reviews and ad hoc client meetings.
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments and external contacts.
- Develop and communicate a clear picture of team goals and approaches to business, based on a clear understanding of client requirements.
- Ensure senior managers are adequately updated on a regular basis regarding all aspects of your work, highlighting all potential risks with possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Maintain and develop proper relationships with other departments in State Street Poland and Donor Site.
- Manage on-going relationships with the goal of meeting / exceeding service delivery standards.
- Provide inquiry and operational support to internal and external clients on complex, high risk asset servicing functions.
- Support Asset Managers trading in multiple instruments and products.
- Work to broaden scope of services in Poland to support overall European strategy.
- Represent State Street by serving on internal and external committees and industry associations.
- Evaluate current methods and strategies. Communicate and manage implementation of changes and improvements.
- Be responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas.
- Be responsible for the direction and development of subordinate managers at all levels as well as staff.
- Drive transformation & productivity initiative to deliver on set budget targets.
- Resolve employee complaints and escalations.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary.
- Maintain open lines of communication and ensure that regular team and 1:1 meetings are conducted across your organization.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong organizational skills as well as team orientation.
- Good management, leadership and team working skills.
- Strong communication skills to audiences of different levels of seniority.
- Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities to assist the team.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Ability to deal with global operating parties in an efficient manner, considering cultural differences.
- Enthusiastic and trustworthy.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Graduate in business related/accounting/finance studies, or other related discipline.
- 8+ years of managerial experience (operations and financial services). Experience in managing large teams and operations servicing multiple clients a must.
- Experience in asset management services or investment management services, including previous experience in managing staff.
- CIMA/CFA accreditation would be an advantage.
- Client service and solutions driven mind-set.
- Excellent English and Polish written and verbal communication skills.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing. Good technical skills in using MS Office.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.