Senior Regulatory Policy Specialist, Liquidity & Capital (London or Zurich) #162418
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
- An exciting and challenging position in the Regulatory Assurance team that is the centre of in-house expertise on liquidity and regulatory capital rules
- The opportunity to work with front office teams to advise on liquidity, capital and balance sheet implications of proposed trades and to design capital efficient structures
- Act as contact for regulatory policy interpretation questions arising on existing and new regulations (including during implementation) – principally relating to liquidity, but also capital adequacy and other areas of the prudential regime
- A key role in the definition of an internal liquidity and capital reporting policy framework for which you stay on top of external developments, analyse impacts of new rules and define in-house interpretations
- Significant participation and interaction with Senior Management in Front Office and Credit Suisse support areas of the finance and risk divisions
- An opportunity to practice your presentation skills and ability to explain complex regulatory subject matters in training events and regulatory update sessions
- Contribute to the relationship management with local regulators, external auditors and advisers, and represent Credit Suisse at industry working groups
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Open to discussing flexible working
- A university degree or an equivalent educational background, preferably coupled with an accounting, financial analyst, or risk management qualification
- Proven experience in regulatory reporting or prudential policy interpretation, provision of regulatory consultancy, financial and regulatory audit or financial services supervision
- Detailed knowledge of the Basel regulatory capital framework covering all or some of the following: liquidity, capital adequacy, leverage ratio, and large exposures
- Understanding of financial products, trading strategies and knowledge of global accounting standards (especially US-GAAP and IFRS) would be a plus!
- Ability to analytically apply this knowledge in practice to sophisticated transactions, attention to detail
- Robustness when confronted with pressure from business divisions on capital interpretations and good presentation and writing skill
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English. German would be advantage!
- Hardworking, result oriented with good analytical and problem solving skills
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.