Regulatory Capital Calculation and related Internal Reporting Manager (VP)
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interests
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Dynamic environment
- Work-life balance
Reporting to the IS Regulatory Capital Calculation and related Internal Reporting Head in Budapest, the main responsibility is to:
- Provide leadership, guidance, and monitor resources to meet the following objectives:
- Develop understanding of key Regulatory rules requirements (European rule sets) and ensure proper application to various processes/calculations
- Implement new processes and controls to meet regulatory capital calculation requirements (CRR2)
- Partner with the capital calculation team to explain and validate daily, weekly variances in capital numbers, investigate and reconcile differences
- Interact with stakeholders within infrastructure
- Understand the business, products, accounting dimension and RWA drivers
- Report and work with key stakeholders and data providers to resolve upstream data quality issues
- Deliver timely/accurate daily, weekly, quarterly analytics to global finance partners and Business Unit stakeholders.
- Partner with internal and external reporting teams to explain and validate daily, monthly and quarterly variances in capital
- Update relevant procedures as calculation methodology evolves and processes change
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to strengthen controls, and drive automation/ efficiencies
- College or University degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years finance experience preferably in the financial services industry (regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, treasury)
- Regulatory and compliance knowledge with financial background and risk management is a plus
- Big 4 accounting experience preferable
- Experience in managing, developing and leading teams
- At least 5 Relevant work experience in the regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, and/or treasury
- Proven skills in investigating complex data issues and discover root causes
- Knowledge of financial products and regulatory capital/reporting rules/landscape is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in verbal/writing and present to various types of audiences complex issues in an easy to understand manner
- Experience with establishing and meeting critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment
The IS Regulatory Capital Calculation and related Internal Reporting team is responsible for preparing Capital and Risk Weighted Assets calculation according to standardized approach and other financial analysis for Morgan Stanley’s Business Units in a daily, weekly monthly and quarterly basis. The group liaises with Regulatory Reporting teams in New York, London and Germany as well as with other Finance teams globally.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.