Fund Financial Reporting Team Lead
The Financial Reporting group provides internal and external clients with assistance related to the annual audits and/or interim regulatory SEC filings across a diverse set of registered mutual funds and non-registered funds, including, but not limited to, common and collective trust funds, partnerships, and hedge funds that invest in a wide array of investment strategies and asset classes. The group is responsible for the preparations and reviews of fund financial statements in a timely manner while also ensuring accuracy and quality of the reports. The group provides assistance to audit firms in the processes and procedures associated with their annual fund audits for both the registered and non-registered fund base, as well as ensuring the timely and accurate filings of the SEC Forms N-CSR, N-Q, N-MFP and N-PORT for the registered mutual fund base.
The group is currently looking for a Team Leader who possesses expertise in the subject matters of U.S. GAAP, knowledge of ASC 815 and 820 and investment and derivative related financial instruments as well as leadership and management skills necessary to provide relevant performance feedback to staff and to manage the day to day responsibilities, resources and allocations of work for the team. The Team Leader will also assist in the review of portions of the SEC Forms N-CSR, N-Q, N-MFP and N-PORT for the registered mutual fund base.
- Management of the day to day operations of the team consisting of 3-5 staff, allocation and organization of staff assignments, providing relevant feedback to staff, training and development of the staff.
- Review of staff preparations of fund financial statements and schedules of investments as well as coordination and drafting of the notes to the financial statements for annual and semiannual shareholder reports for registered and non-registered funds.
- Review of schedules of investments for registered funds Form N-Q filings.
- Manage fund and audit/client cycle deadlines and staff work load to ensure deliverables are met and completing reviews to ensure accurate and timely filings.
- Coordination of audits related to staff assignment of auditor open items and client questions and comments.
- Technical resource for staff regarding questions related to new investment/derivative products, financial statement preparation questions and auditor questions.
- Assist with the on-boarding of new clients
- Conduct performance management for staff; participate in on-going discussions with staff related to performance and development within role. Provide timely feedback to staff regarding performance and preparations or financial statements or other tasks.
- Complete ad hoc duties and or projects as assigned.
The candidate should have specialized knowledge of U.S. GAAP including prior experience reviewing mutual fund/non- registered fund financial statements and notes to the financial statements, including such topics as ASC 815 & 820. Candidates should have exposure to coordination of audits between the client and audit firms, knowledge of SEC Forms N-CSR, N-Q, N-MFP and N-PORT. A strong technical knowledge of accounting and investment/derivative related products will be critical. Candidates should be detail oriented and possess skills related to the management, organization and prioritization of staff/job duties within the team structure. Candidates should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work with limited supervision. Knowledge and experience with DFS Arc Reporting and Bloomberg are a plus.
The candidate should have 4-6 years of experience with U.S. GAAP in the financial services, fund administration/reporting industry, including 2 years of supervisory or management experience of 2-5 staff. A finance or accounting degree is required. Candidate should also have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word products.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.