Interim FP&A Accountant
1 day left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
This is an excellent opportunity for an immediately available accountant with a financial planning background to assist in the group budget process on a contract basis.
My client are a highly acquisitive business that are market leaders in their field
The main responsibilities in this role are:
- Plan with the Senior Financial Planning Accountant & Head of Operations to ensure budgets are delivered on time and to company specifications.
- Communication is key as a core part of this role is delivering training for non-finance staff on how to use the budget templates - via on-line training and group sessions.
- You will be the first contact point for providing guidance and support. An ability to communicate financial information to non-finance staff is key.
- Adherence to deadlines are key to the success of the project. You will lead stakeholders to submit a budget to set deadlines.
- You will co-ordinate budget review sessions with the Operations team to ensure each budget submitted is reviewed and where necessary challenged to ensure quality and achievability.
- To track progress, the budget models must reconcile to reported group results. This data will be updated during the process as new results are delivered.
- Populating and building / refreshing models.
- Project work as allocated by the Senior Financial Planning Accountant.
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Ideally an accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) but QBE candidates will be considered
- Confidence in presenting, especially to large groups of people.
- Strong communication skills and ability to provide training to non-finance people.
- Previous budgeting experience.
- Ability to collaborate with many different stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent IT skills including strong excel.
- Confidence working with various management reporting systems.
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly without getting lost in the detail.
- Deadline focused, and willing to put in the effort required to ensure these are always met.
A competitive salary and a quick start for the successful candidate, so this candidate must be available at short notice. Please note that this is a fixed term contract so no day rate candidates will be considered. As this role develops the expectation will be to be available for work onsite.