Financial Controller / Head of Finance
Fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing Healthcare business and be the right hand person to the CFO, managing the finance function and supporting on commercial activities to help drive the business forward. Opportunities to grow in the role and pick up more responsibilities as well as progress into a Divisional Finance Director.
Very fast growing, private equity backed business in the Healthcare industry with head office located in Stevenage. Highly performing with growing revenue, even throughout Covid, and constantly looking for growth opportunities in the form of acquisitions. Seeking an ambitious individual who can either join them as Financial Controller and grow into the Head of Finance role or if more experienced, start as Head of Finance.
The successful Financial Controller / Head of Finance will manage the finance functions of two of the trading entities of the group, end to end, including the line management of the finance and payroll teams. Be a senior leader within the business, helping to drive the business forward. Ensure internal controls and processes are followed and developed, to enable the accounting information and payroll processing to be completed in an accurate and timely manner. Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer of the Group to improve the efficiency of the finance function, improve financial controls / systems, and improve the financial performance of the company.
- Ensure the financial records of the Division are accurate and compliant with financial reporting standards.
- Lead on budgeting and forecast for the Division
- Take on the responsibility for accurate pricing of long term fixed price contracts, often working to very tight government procurement deadlines.
- Leading on client negotiations and on pricing and commercial issues
- Complete the month end process, including all reconciliations, departmental reporting, variance analysis and production of consolidated management accounts for the group, to tight deadlines
- Approve hiring requests from the business, ensuring the rationale of the request is understood and the headcount is within the budget for the contract
- Line manage the finance and payroll teams
- Manage all financial reporting and audit requirements, ensuring all statutory reporting deadlines are achieved. Managing the relationship with external accounting and tax advisors
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures and internal controls across the group
- Management of the full accounts receivable cycle and accounts payable cycle, i.e. invoicing to receipt
- Overseeing the payroll function, ensuring payroll is completed on time and accurately
- Responsibility for accurate and timely HMRC submissions and payments, including RTI submissions, PAYE payments, quarterly corporation tax instalments and VAT returns
- Working closely with the CFO on finance and efficiency improvements projects and assisting with ad-hoc requirements when needed. Including identifying and implementing cost saving / rationalisation initiatives
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Good understanding of consolidation accounting
- Can do attitude, someone who is open to change and finding ways of improving processes and controls and the operations of the business
- Someone who can understand operational requirements and translate them into financial metrics / target / budgets and help non-financial staff within the business manage budgets and the financial implications of decisions
- Someone who is comfortable handling client relationship and being involved/leading on commercial negotiations
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS 102
- Advanced Excel skills are essential
- Good financial modelling and budgeting/planning skills are highly desirable
- Line management experience
The successful Financial Controller / Head of Finance will have the opportunity to join a fast growing business with plenty of scope for career development and progression.
The salary on offer is between £60,000 to £75,000 depending on level of experience. There is also a discretionary 10% bonus which has paid out in full over the last five years.
Additional standard benefits included.