Senior Accountant - Food Agriculture
Fantastic opportunity to join an Australian food agriculture organisation as a Senior Accountant to support overall finance operations, analysis and controls.
My client is a leading global Australian agriculture company that is one of the strongest in the industry. They have seen continued success in the last few years with great future opportunity as well. Due to renewed operational growth and internal structural projects they are looking for a highly dynamic Senior Accountant that is able to ensure key business compliance, work on management accounting and timely business performance. You must be able to act as a leader to drive financial prosperity and growth.
The role will report to the Financial Controller and include the following responsibilities:
- Month end financial accounting and reporting
- Responsible for maintaining the general ledger and preparing monthly trial balance work papers and submission of monthly results to Headquarters
- Reporting on entity performance, dealing closely with non-financial stakeholders
- Responsible for generation and maintaining and review monthly management report
- Tax and compliance obligations
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Working closely with stakeholders to drive analysis, operational performance and financial objectives
- Providing commentary on variances and budget including key preparation and forecasting
- Responsible for generation of sales analysis reports - products/customers and review
- Involvement in cost analysis and cost saving within the business.
- Streamlining of functions within the Finance department, internal controls maintenance
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required
The successful candidate must have at least 5 years in a similar role and include the following:
- Exposure to large ERP and advanced Excel
- Strong communicator and ability to business partner multiple business departments
- Great attention to detail and a team player
- Exposure to multi-entity business or operations
- CPA or CA qualified
- Operationally focused is essential and retail background is ideal
- Fantastic remuneration with excellent opportunity for career growth
- Highly dynamic and multi-dimensional role
- Be part of one of the leading global retail brands
- Great office environment and location
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Robert Bromhead on 02 8292 2518.