Senior Accountant - Independent Firm
Varied role with a mixed client base of sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, owner managed businesses, SMEs, across varying industries and turnovers.
My client are a strong independent practice based just outside of Stratford upon Avon. They are currently undergoing a period of growth and are doing a lot to move towards using online accounting packages. Their client base has a good variation in terms of size and sector and there is an excellent career path on offer for a driven individual.
- Plan the production of any accounts ensuring junior staff are utilised efficiently and consistently approach each job with a team mentality
- Oversee the completion of accounts jobs ensuring junior staff are assisted and supported where needed
- Liaise with practice manager on completed jobs
- Maintain effective communication with all stakeholders- internal and external
- Take full responsibility for client contact in your portfolio; answering all queries and attending client visits as when necessary
- Attend marketing/networking events and business developments activities as requested by the Directors.
- Ensure all junior staff in the team receive the required level of on-the-job training
- Qualified ACCA / ACA or nearly qualified
- At least 3 years general practice experience across Accounts and/or Tax
- Happy to consider people fancying a change from audit
- Comfortable talking to clients in an advisory capacity
- £36,000 - £41,000 basic
- Free parking
- Supportive and inclusive team
- Strong career prospects