Payroll Administrator - Accountancy Practice
Exclusive to Michael Page, this is an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Administrator looking to join a dynamic team in a standalone position responsible for managing their own portfolio of clients. Excellent exposure and responsibility on offer looking after all elements of payroll, furlough claims, pensions and CIS returns.
This very successful business and professional services firm of accountants in West Kent has developed a strong reputation for delivering quality services, along with building strong relationships with its wide-ranging client bases, across varying industries and size of the client. The firm offers a very supportive and team-focused environment, reflected by a low staff turnover and long-serving staff. A paperless, digitally-transformed firm who strongly believe in using technology to help their clients stay on top of their books and accounts.
The key responsibilities for this Payroll Administrator role at a leading accountancy firm based in West Kent are:
- Processing around 50 weekly and monthly payrolls using mainly Moneysoft (happy to change software provider if needed)
- Processing all CIS claims (circa 150)
- Dealing with all Furlough claims and calculations
- Processing Auto Enrolment pension contributions and assessing employee eligibility.
- Preparing pension files and uploading to a range of pension providers.
- Preparing bank payment files and processing payments.
- Producing documents including summary reports and journals.
- Issuing documents for employees including payslips and P45 forms.
- Understanding legislation surrounding tax, National Insurance, Real-Time Information and Auto Enrolment pensions.
- Manually calculating pay from gross to net and statutory entitlements where necessary to assist with queries.
- Dealing with enquiries from clients, their employees and HMRC.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Payroll Administrator role at a leading Accountancy firm in West Kent, you must be:
- Previous experience working in an accountancy practice environment, or bureau environment. Alternatively, you may have a career background specialising in payroll, within industry and commerce, which could also work, equally well, should you be able to demonstrate the right skills and approach to dealing with multiple payrolls.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of payroll addition and deduction payments.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Previous experience with a relevant payroll software
- Great people and management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work accurately and analyse a range of financial information.
- Great work ethic and eye for detail.
Competitive salary (negotiable and dependent on salary). Circa £250- £30k
Well established, supportive team.
Flexible working hours.
Relaxed working environment
Commutable from Dartford, Gravesend, Maidstone, Sevenaoks, Medway (West Kent)