Finance Assistant - Accounts Payable
- Experience level
- Part qualified
A temporary 13 week role based in Nottingham for a well known organisation - to help with the worklaod.
Our client are urgently looking for an accounts payable assistant to start on the 1st March 2021 and work with them for up to 13 weeks - this is to help with both sickness and workload cover. We are looking for someone that is experienced and competent in this area.
- Posting supplier invoices and credit notes onto the finance system, ensuring that payment terms and conditions are correctly applied and payments are made according to these terms. Includes ensuring that the correct authorisation is applied via the purchase order system or by exception via manual authorisation. Also, that the correct VAT treatment is applied.
- Logging invoices and credit notes onto the system where an order is not specified and liaising with the purchasing agents and other internal contacts in order to progress invoices for payment.
- Processing payment requests from internal departments, ensuring that all required information and authorisation is received.
- Maintaining supplier creditor details on the finance system including liaison with any required internal departments and the supplier.
- Regularly reconciling supplier statements and resolving queries in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring that purchasing card transactions are accurately loaded to the system at the end of the month and that any errored records are corrected.
- Ensuring that any payments made manually are accurately posted on to the finance system.
- Providing any required information requested by members of the Finance Department relating to the status of items in the purchase ledger or related items such as purchase orders or purchase requisitions.
The ideal candidate will be available full time for the 13 week period and be able to work 37 hours per week. You must have a key understanding of the role and be able to work on your own and part of a team.
This is an opportunity to work a well known organisation in Nottingham and have guaranteed work from March 1st.
Please get in contact asap if you are interested.