financial reporting manager
The purpose of this position is to account for a varied portfolio of fund structures in conjunction with the Senior Financial Reporting Manager / Associate Director - Accounting.
Our client is a progressive business in a booming market with lots of opportunity for progression.
- Act as the lead accountant for various fund/SPV structures within a team
- Review the bookkeeping for a range of funds, management companies and associated SPV structures
- Review all aspects of accounting matters for a portfolio of structures incorporating investor reports, statutory financial statements and ad-hoc investor queries
- Manage and review the completion of audit queries
- Liaising with property managers of underlying real estate assets
- Preparation and review of UK VAT returns and CIS reporting to HMRC
- Ensure the accounting requirements and reporting deadlines for a whole team are met, overseeing planning, scheduling, and monitoring of workloads
- Act as a higher authority on day-to-day accounting queries and act as 4-eyes signatory on accounting matters, ensuring that company policy and professional and regulatory guidelines are adhered to and that a professional quality of service is provided to clients and external contacts
- To review WIP incurred and utilisation across teams to ensure that extra billing opportunities are identified and appropriate action taken
- Supervise and assist in the training and development of staff . Act as a mentor to junior team members and supervise and assist in the training and development of staff
- Arrange and manage the appraisal process for members of staff
- Post qualification experience supported by a relevant professional qualification (ACCA or ACA)
- Sound technical financial services knowledge (to be supported through the Aztec Academy). Ideally a some experience of real estate, infrastructure and private debt asset classes.
- Computer literacy, word processing and spreadsheet skills are essential. Ideally experience using various accounting systems such as Xero, Yardi or others.
- People management experience
- Evidence of accounting responsibility for a client relationship or a significant part of a major client relationship
An excellent opportunity to progress and grow with the business as well as a fantastic package.