Junior General Ledger Accountant
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as Junior GL Accountant
In this position you will be responsible, under the direction of Accounting and Financial Reporting Supervisor, for the day to day accounting and/or financial reporting for entities within the Alternative Investments Funds structures (AIF'), mostly Real Estate, Private Equity and Debt Funds, registered in Luxembourg and United States.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- General Ledger accounting on stand-alone level; this includes booking of daily cash movements, invoices, expense accruals, prepayments, intercompany transactions and reconciliation of financial data.
- Preparing monthly / quarterly / annual financial reporting to internal (other BBH offices) and external parties (clients, auditors, tax advisors).
- Preparing annual and semi-annual financial statements of the investment funds under different accounting standards (IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP).
- When needed, assistance in preparing basic reconciliation files for the consolidation of AIF structures.
- Ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all client related tasks.
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries.
- Liaising with fund auditors and tax advisors and coordinating the supply of information and responses to queries.
- Communicating appropriately with the Accounting and Financial Reporting Supervisor with respect to all timetables and workflow, and communicating to the extent appropriate about all relevant matters with other department members within BBH.
- Performing special projects within AIF Department including standardization and workload optimization.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and/or professional accountancy qualification (qualified or part qualified) will be a huge asset.
- Minimum 0,5 years of working experience in accounting / finance related area.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated, continuously seeking learning opportunities and striving to achieve the highest level of professional success.
- Strong numerical ability and analytical skills.
- Pro-active, mature and able to work with respect to the deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a potentially high pressure, client-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly computer literate with strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; German and / or French is an asset.
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.