MSFS, Portfolio Analytics, Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. We provide fund administration services to the leading hedge funds of the world. With over $250billion in Assets under Administration the division employs over 700 professionals globally, with offices in New York, Dublin, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Glasgow and Bangalore.
The Portfolio Analytics group within Morgan Stanley Fund Services focuses on helping clients analyze, understand and report the risk and performance of their portfolios, and to solve various analytics problems spanning from Performance Measurement to derivatives valuation. We consult closely with the clients and leverage the group’s proprietary web based applications. Typical areas of focus include:
- Performance Measurement – performance attribution over different periods and different levels of granularity, including by geography, sector/industry, market cap; FX attribution etc.
- Risk Management - VAR Analysis, Stress Testing, Exposure Analysis, Liquidity, Beta, Fundamental Factor exposure and risk contribution
- Client Transparency Reporting – Using our patented Stratum reporting platform.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Bloomberg is required.
- Ability to manipulate and do computations on financial data sets using a programming language such as R or Python
- Ability to analyze the risk & performance of investments at both a security and portfolio level, and to communicate the results of analysis both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Bachelor’s/Masters degree with a quantitative/econ/finance background.
- Interest in finance, portfolio analysis, statistics & technology is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Looking for someone who is a quick learner, is adaptive, a team player, can multitask, has a strong work ethic, excellent oral and written communication skills and has comfort with client interaction.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.