Alpha Business Analyst – Officer
Who we are looking for
The Alpha Business Transaction Management Analyst for the Transformation Initiative will act as the link between a client/business and IT teams to align goals , identify and analyze business challenges and design the right solutions for our clients. In this position you will eventually serve as subject matter expert in the analysis of business requirements and specifications while utilizing our in house tool suite to design end state solution methodology for development.
Why this role is important to us
You will collaborate with the customer, technical teams and key stakeholders across the business to ensure that the business functions of the delivered solution match customer requirements. STT has Transformation targets that will allow us to promote a more strategic environment. Key focus themes are elimination of process waste, bespoke and fragmented processing as well as workload productivity.
What you will be responsible for
- Gathering of business/system requirements by facilitating user/client meetings, interviewing users, and researching and resolving issues.
- Work directly with clients, IT and Project management team to deliver Client Trade Activity Custom Reporting; utilizing a propriety STT application
- Work with our business partners, perform/lead initial analysis of the request and provide assessment and gather estimation of the effort
- Identify compile, analyze and document business requirements that accurately and thoroughly reflect business needs.
- Support ongoing project management- including progress monitoring, reporting and quality assurance throughout the project
- Aware of Agile process is strongly recommended (RTC, story writing, Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Document business requirements using clear, concise language consistent with the methodology framework.
- Acts as a liaison between users/client, developers, testers, and implementation specialists.
- Participate in special projects, e.g., conducting research, collecting and providing requested data, etc.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good understanding of business systems, financial industry, and system development lifecycle methodologies to support projects through their life cycle, with the emphasis on the analysis stage.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate, and collaborate across business and technical teams
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to think creatively and strategically with a focus on achieving outcomes
- Experience with writing stories and requirements to support micro-services
- Product Owner role experience using Agile Methodologies
- Experience with detailed mapping and transaction transformation requirements
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 3 years’ experience as a business analyst or related experience, requirements gathering, design, and development of enterprise application systems
- Working knowledge of Securities, FX and Cash trade processing
- MS Office Products
Must include hands on experience in an analyst role within the following STT or market specific experience:
- Transaction Management Processing systems (STT systems: GTM, DHub, WSO, GRS, RDM, ETD Common/Accounting)
- ETL and /or Transformation Tools (STT systems: MTeX, TIMS, TIER/DEH/IDW)
- Detailed understand of Financial Messaging: SWIFT (ISO 7775/15022/20022)
- STT specific understanding is a preferred
- Industry / Vendor Platforms (Omgeo: Oasys/CTM/Alert, Markit, FIX, SMPG, ISITC)
- Internal GlobalLink products (FXConnect, FundConnect), GTSS
- SQL/database query skills a plus
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.