There’s no one quite like Kerry Foods. We’ve grown from a small farmers’ collective to a multi-billion food business - keeping hold of our ethics, spirit and character all the way. Today, we stand as a leader in a competitive and ever-changing global market. We’re aiming to pioneer new ways to delight the tastes of tomorrow, so we know that we can never stand still. Luckily, standing still has never been our way.
About the role
We’re currently recruiting an Operations Accountant to join our team in Kerry Foods, based in Listowel, County Kerry, Ireland
To partner with the site team to ensure the effective delivery of the finance and operations strategy in line with statutory, Kerry Group and best practice standards. Ownership for the delivery of the monthly accounts for the business.
- Calculation of prime costs through SAP and settlement of production process orders
- Calculation of monthly cost of sales and tie back to the general ledger
- Analysis of material usage, yield and wastage and seeking explanations on variances where required
- Complete General Ledger - Journal posting, Balance Sheet Reconciliations & Accounts review and finalisation
- Inventory Control, Reconciliation & Valuation - Financial Control, Perform & review period end stock reconciliation
- Oversight of the weekly Forward Projection (“Flash”) report, providing regional management with a real-time assessment of current month business performance
- Business Performance Reporting and Analysis- Operational performance review of statistical reporting.
- Budgeting and forecasting - Providing support around Sku prime costs, overheads, factory yields & labour
- Year End Audit & Statutory Accounts - On site physical stock / Asset audit.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CPA)
- Experience working within a Manufacturing environment
- SAP experience is an advantage
- Experience of preparing and providing management accounts & Financial accounts
- Competent in all Microsoft packages especially Excel
- Great team player
- Ability to work with a number of different teams within the org
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills