Senior Analyst, Investor AML
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
At Senior Analyst level, the role requires the completion of workload, with guidance from colleagues and line management, to support Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance services aligned to:
AML Legislation, Regulation, Guidance & Best Practice.
The Ireland Investor AML Department’s processes and procedures.
There is a requirement to hold, build and maintain a strong relationship with the Northern Trust Transfer Agency and Client Services Departments to deliver a robust AML Compliance service to Northern Trust’s client and investor base.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Takes responsibility for timely and accurate completion by Investor AML Operations of workload allocated including tasks
- Participate in Investor AML Operations’ review of investor documentation in adherence with Northern Trust’s workflow process
- Maintains Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policy and procedures.
- Works with colleagues and line management in reviewing investor documentation and efficiently sourcing outstanding investor due diligence documentation with professionalism
- Escalates more complex problems and critical issues as referred to the Investor AML Operations team, as well as those received from other internal and/or related external parties.
- Ensures that all queries from internal and external parties are dealt with efficiently and professionally, with support from line management where required.
- Actively participates in the completion of AML compliance support for clients in conjunction with Northern Trust colleagues and provides regular and meaningful periodic updates to line management and colleagues.
- Develops and maintain strong working relationships with clients and partners in other Northern Trust departments.
- Works with line management to ensure that the Investor AML Operations team meets the required audit, risk and compliance standards as determined, from time to time, in accordance with changes in legislation and guidance.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of AML regulation and best practice and uses this knowledge to promote enhancements to Northern Trust’s AML processes and procedures.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Previous experience in an AML/ Compliance or Transfer Agency role.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Effective risk management.
- Ability to deliver solutions to issues
- Understanding of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulatory environment in Ireland.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.