Manager – Financial Services Advisory - Financial Reporting (6 Month Contract)
Grant Thornton is Ireland’s fastest growing financial services firm delivering innovative solutions to clients across the country. Our Financial Services Advisory (FSA) Division brings industry specific expertise to support our clients in navigating complex Regulatory, Strategic, Digital and Change management challenges. At Grant Thornton our focus is on people; both building deep client relationships and investing in our staff to help them to realise their potential and achieve their ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Manager to join our Financial Service Consulting Team working in a dynamic environment on Financial Reporting and other financial services change and transformation projects. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant and have experience in financial reporting or audit within the asset management, financial services or related sectors and will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of Financial Services clients both in the area of financial reporting and other advisory areas.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a talented, motivated individual to join our ambitious FSA Consulting team in one of our key growth areas in delivery of financial reporting services to our clients across the asset management and broader financial services sectors. This is an ideal role for an individual who is seeking project experience, where you will be required to operate as a key member of our team, working with a wide range of Financial Services clients.
The candidate should have a strong background in financial accounting / financial reporting with experience in asset management in industry or practice being an advantage. This role offers excellent opportunities for the candidate to broaden skillset into other areas within our advisory practice working on varied and interesting client projects and transformation.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, capable of working off their own initiative and have the ability to collaborate with colleagues, to lend their experience to Financial Reporting and other project deliverables in a dynamic team environment. Candidates should have at least 7 years’ experience in financial reporting, financial accounting or audit. You will have access to Partners and will have opportunities to provide meaningful input across the team and projects including working directly with clients.
Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the Firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and represents an excellent opportunity to build a long term and successful career supported by ongoing development and training
- Management of year end and interim financial reporting process with clients which includes oversight and delivery of preparation, detailed review and quality review financial statements under IFRS and US GAAP
- Audit and financial statement and workflow planning with relevant clients to prepare for year and end and other peak delivery cycles
- Review of financial reporting and financial statement production process to create efficiencies and opportunities for clients to improve delivery supporting clients to implement change in their delivery process
- Manage and lead a team in terms of training, development, coaching, supervising delivery of work to clients to tight deadlines with high quality output
- Client management and client reporting around deliverables and KPIs including presentation of weekly / monthly client reporting
- Liaising with auditors, internal operational teams and client financial reporting teams;
- Developing relationships with clients and promoting financial services advisory to support business development
- Support and delivery on other financial services advisory projects in areas such as risk and compliance, internal audit, business process transformation and project management
Skills and attributes
- Experience and knowledge in financial services/asset management industry either directly or through practice or exposure to financial statement and annual report delivery in industry;
- Experience in management of year end production and review process and management of teams to deliver on projects
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent IFAC qualification;
- Minimum 4 years’ PQE;
- Audit experience of large companies, multinational entities and complex financial instruments an advantage;
- Proficient accountant, with knowledge and understanding of IFRS, US GAAP and other regulatory and compliance standards for financial reporting purposes
- Understanding of regulatory requirements related to funds industry an advantage;
- Strong Microsoft office skills in particular advanced excel, word, powerpoint and adobe;
- Excellent attention to detail and resolves issues as they arise;
- Excellent attention to detail in report writing and narrative content;
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments (particularly IFRS and US GAAP);
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Good work ethic, proactive attitude to issue resolution, delivering excellence, managing deadlines and being comfortable working as part of a team
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.