Reach Centrum (an ERM owned company)
Project Accountant/ Business Analyst
An opportunity has arisen for someone to work within the small finance team at ReachCentrum, part of the wider ERM group (one of the world’s largest sustainability consultancy firms). This fixed term contract role would suit a self-starter who is able to support the finance team and project managers in preparing, analysing and presenting financial reports for the REACH Consortia clients under management.
Key skill requirements
- Preferably, a part qualified accountant or experienced management accountant. Project reporting or business analyst experience is essential.
- A friendly, positive and outgoing attitude with the ability to build relationships across all areas of an organization
- A team player - Someone who is able to work as part of team under a matrix environment
- Be able to manage multiple deadlines whilst at the same time manage project manager expectations
- Be confident, inquisitive, pro-active and well organized
- Someone who is passionate about improving processes and putting financial controls in place
- Be comfortable working in an international environment
- Excellent Excel skills are an absolute requisite
- Fluent in English, any other languages skills would be a plus but not essential. (The business language of the organisation is English)
Main Duties & Responsibility
The main aspect of the role is to maintain the accuracy of and to produce various financial reports for assigned consortia projects held under ReachCentrum project management according to client expectations and legal requirements.
The successful candidate would also be responsible for the monthly monitoring of all assigned projects to ensure that all purchase and sales invoices as recorded by the general accounting team are correct in the accounting ledgers, monthly revenue is recognised correctly, that internal time has been booked correctly and that there is adequately approved budget to cover future spend. Building on this information the project accountant would then work with the project managers should any unexplained or negative variances be identified through this monthly reporting process to ERM group.
The project accountant will ensure that all consortia financial reports are reviewed before being distributed externally to consortia members and will support the senior business analyst in adopting and applying consistent best practise financial reporting across all assigned projects held under consortia management at ReachCentrum.
It is a Business partner role; the day-to-day work is translating into an excel document the history and the situation of assigned consortia. To be able to do that in close collaboration with project managers is essential.
In this role there may also be the need to provide internal management reporting on the projects and work with both internal and external auditors as and when required.
Consortia projects are of a confidential nature and it should be noted that the finances can at times be complex and difficult to understand for non-finance colleagues. No two projects are identica