Project Manager - Taxonomies & Digital Reporting
The FRC’s Regulatory Standards Division is responsible for public and technical policy covering accountancy, audit, actuarial work and corporate governance and stewardship, for which we set regulatory codes and standards and develop guidance to drive high quality work in the public interest. The Division also includes the FRC Lab, which encourages high quality reporting through the development of best practice, and innovation more widely, and all of the FRC’s stakeholder engagement and communications work.
The role is an new one, allowing us to expand our capability and capacity we have to support the maintenance, updating and further development of the UK and Ireland taxonomy suite, to better support digital reporting, and improve the accessibility to information reported by companies. This role Requires the successful candidate to learn all aspects in relation to the FRC taxonomies and supporting delivery version updates in relation to the annual cycle. Including:
- Writing, researching and presenting papers to UK XBRL Governance Committee meetings, and Technical Task Force (TTF) meetings.
- Attending and contributing to meetings and workshops at the FRC and other regulatory bodies, such as the FCA, HMRC, Companies House, Charities Commission and BEIS.
- Ensuring that digital reporting platforms are joined up, proportionate and best meet the needs of those reporting using them and users of them.
- Work with the FRC’s technical supplier in relation to the Support, Maintenance and Hosting of the FRC taxonomies and any other activities which need to be undertaken to ensure taxonomies are fit for purpose.
- Support improving the quality of digital reporting, by way of articles and being proactive on working groups.
A degree-level qualification in a relevant field of study, with IT and accountancy being particularly desirable is required. The ideal candidates will have:
- At least two years post qualification experience.
- Knowledge of the financial reporting environment of listed companies and a keen interest in Financial Reporting.
- Ideally, experience in XBRL and accounting work or demonstrating a clear interest in these activities.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of XBRL programming.
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.