Senior Tax Manager
- Experience level
Guaranteed Equity Partner opportunity with growth and development on offer. Joining as an integral and crucial member of a growing Tax team, you will drive the Tax team forward with an innovative and ambitious approach.
Michael Page is partnering with a leading independent practice who are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Tax Manager to join as a pivotal hire into their growing Tax team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new Tax professional. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Senior Tax Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Swansea are:
- Line manage and build a team of tax specialists covering both corporate and personal compliance;
- Build and create a consistent business development pipeline in line with key targets and the strategic plan, by meeting potential new clients with tax advisory requirements;
- Work closely with key executives on creating more Tax advisory opportunities through existing clients;
- To assist the client relationship managers/partners in tax technical areas to deliver tax advisories such as IHT planning, capital gains tax planning and exit planning to clients of the firm;
- Reviewing technically complicated tax compliance work including corporation tax, personal tax, partnership tax and IHT returns;
- To assist in procedural improvements to the tax compliance process (corporate and personal) and cascade down tax developments to the compliance team;
- To work closely with key colleagues and leaders across the business, and to provide a competitive and ambitious entrepreneurial approach to your work; and
- Additional line management from time to time of team members of the Client Services Department.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Senior Tax Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Swansea, you must be:
- CTA qualified with a minimum of 2 years of post-qualification experience;
- Considerable and demonstrable experience of working within the partnership tax and/or private client tax field;
- Demonstrable experience of developing teams of juniors to complete compliance work efficiently and with support;
- Experience of building a tax compliance function and motivating and working with training teams to identify team members career pathways in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrable experience of building and growing the tax advisory function with profitable returns;
- Technical skillset based around consistent CTA training pathways and with quick progression with continual client-facing experience;
- Desire to become a Tax Partner;
- Highly tax technical, with the ability to research answers to tax technical questions and able to analyse and interpret tax legislation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to easily present and convey complex issues to wide audiences;
- Ambitious and with an entrepreneurial spirit which will capitalise on the firm's open style to new work streams and methods;
- Tax compliance - ideally personal, partnership, trust and corporate but at least personal and partnership is essential;
- Trust tax including trust tax returns, IHT estate calculations, IHT lifetime tax, IHT planning and succession planning;
- Capital gains tax including knowledge of all capital gains tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs relief, rollover relief and gift relief; and
- Working knowledge of tax residency rules (but not the taxation of 'non-dom's') - A working knowledge of the more typical VAT issues, such as the applicable rates, partial exemption methodology and property transactions.
Guaranteed Partner opportunity;
Fantastic office location; and
Well-established, supportive team.