Excellent career progression prospects on offer at a growing firm for an experienced, ambitious individual.
A leading accountancy practice based in Carmarthenshire undergoing continued and sustained positive expansion and growth. The firm and Practice Accountant role provide genuine prospects for long-term career progression, development and Partner opportunities.
The key responsibilities for this Practice Accountant position at a leading accountancy firm based in Carmarthenshire are:
- Manage a client portfolio including Limited Companies, Sole Traders, Partnerships and Individuals;
- Oversee and manage all aspects of client's service delivery including preparation of year-end accounts, management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT etc and value-added services assignments;
- Act as the main point of contact within the firm for clients, keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of service delivery and maintaining regular contact with them;
- Review work completed by junior team members and resolving all issues prior to Partner review;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients;
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines;
- Reporting directly to a Partner;
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high quality client service;
- Develop, retain and motivate junior members of staff and assist in the management of the overall Business Services team on a day-to-day basis; and
- Knowledgeable of the firm's services and able to cross-sell those services into the client base.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Practice Accountant role at a leading accountancy firm in Carmarthenshire, you must be:
- ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent with at least 2 years of post-qualification experience;
- Must have previous experience in dealing with an agricultural client base;
- Have proven experience of working in a practice environment;
- Experience in managing a client portfolio;
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships;
- Have a proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions;
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team;
- The ability to take responsibility and use own initiative to resolve problems and issues;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges;
- Experience of using cloud-based accounting software packages, such as Sage, Xero, Receipt Bank, Auto Entry etc;
- Experience of CCH products desirable but not essential; and
- Hold a full and clean driving licence.
Competitive salary (dependent on experience);
Exceptional holiday package;
Great office location;
Well established, supportive team; and