GCR Tax- Payroll - Manager
- The Manager in the Payroll Operate services will play a strategic role in supporting the Payroll leader and GCR leadership in executing the vision for the build out of service delivery functions for EY GDS.
- The role provides subject matter expertise, project leadership, and direction to local Payroll operation teams to ensure our Payroll service is fit for purpose. The role supports the initiatives of the Global Payroll engagements. Responsible for service delivery support in conjunction with EY's engagement leaders and partners globally.
- Proven capabilities to create multi-functional streams and mentor high performing teams. Provide outstanding contribution/support to consulting with engagement teams on all compliance and reporting activities.
- Responsible for partnering with the Global Payroll engagement teams to drive GDS Payroll delivery initiatives.
- Strategic thinking and leadership experience with an emphasis on relationship management and communication at all levels within an organization. Facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines, create cohesive teams, and respond quickly to management requests.
- Review delivery of payroll processing service, ensuring the operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities (including Build to Gross and Gross to Net, Pay processing, Post payroll validation, T&A management and reporting) are accurate and delivered within appropriate timeframes and comply with relevant legislation.
- Manage payroll system set-up including data migration and transition (on-boarding)
- Build and manage multi-disciplinary functions (process & technology) that can successfully operationalize the end to end engagement lifecycle of the Finance and Accounting operations.
- Strong understanding and proven abilities of executing Global Payroll industry standards and market landscape that will determine the value proposition and competitive advantage for the shared service hub.
- Actively work with GDS Payroll Leader and internal team members in identifying and implementing the process standardization, simplification and automation opportunities, and act as a mentor/support for the GDS teams.
- Coach, mentor, train and coordinate the activities of the team
- Manage the application and monitoring of the Hub's methodology framework, principles, and delegations
- Effective work planning and capacity utilization to manage an efficient service delivery
- Previous experience in handling end to end payroll processing and high volume payroll
- Exposure to multi-country payroll and payroll lifecycle in a Client service environment
- Should be an Expert in understanding the payroll rules and legislations in a multi-country environment.
- Experience in developing cross functional teams in a multi-disciplinary practice and ability to lead a team of experienced professionals.
- Good understanding of the Technology enablers and supporting trends around data modelling, Cloud architecture, Robotics (RPA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Driven operational excellence by adopting a continuous improvement mindset, lean six sigma, process efficiencies and ability to effectively implement change management.
- Proven ownership of delivering on strategic projects
- Expert numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Hands on experience on functional and product capabilities of ERPs like SAP, Oracle or Workday.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good Project management skills
- Quality operational excellence understanding and hands on experience.
- Strong client and stakeholder management skills
- B.Com/M.Com/CA with overall 10 - 15 Yrs of experience
- CIPP certification is must
- Project Management knowledge
- Quality - Lean and six sigma knowledge and quality driven person