The client is global hospitality and catering company, that specialise in hotels. They have over 40 locations across Europe and in the UAE, and are looking for a Management Accountant to join the team (on a permanent basis). The role is based in South West London (Victoria).
The client is a hotel company that have over 40 locations worldwide. The successful Management Accountant will be joining a team of 6 and will be reporting directly into the UK Financial Controller and the Group Financial Controller. The role will mainly have you liaising with the French and Spanish entities, as well as senior stakeholders and management within the company. They have a fantastic company culture and is a great place to work.
The successful Management Accountant will be:
Key role in monthly management accounts process, analysing spend and comparing to budget and prior year, proposing adjustments as appropriate.
· Business partnering with appropriate counterparts outside of finance to build their understanding of the financial reports, and the finance team's understanding of their department.
· Preparing the calculations of the franchise royalty fees and checking that the corresponding invoices are correct.
· Ensuring accuracy and completeness of accounting entries in the group's General Ledger in the required timeline by:
- Reviewing the postings to the receivables ledger for the franchisee debtors.
- Reviewing the cash/bank reconciliations and summarising for cash flow reporting.
- Checking the coding of purchase invoices in the invoice processing system.
- Supervising the expenses and credit card reporting process.
- Maintaining balance sheets reconciliations, including reviewing prepayments.
· Raising payments in the online banking system.
· Assisting with the preparation of VAT returns and other statutory reporting.
· Assisting with external audits and year-end closing for the group entities.
· Corresponding with external contacts such as outsourced bookkeeping function and tax advisors.
· Other ad hoc tasks as required.
The successful Management Accountant will:
- Have 3-5 years of previous experience in a similar Management Accountant role
- MUST have previous experience working on the Management Accounts across multiple sites/cost centres
- Spanish or French language skills (desirable, but not essential)
- Previous experience with the finance system SAP Concur (desirable, but not essential)
- Be confident
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Show good levels of initiative
- Willing to really get "stuck-in" and be a great problem solver
- Studying towards their ACCA or CIMA qualification (desirable, not essential)
- £40,000 - £45,000 (can be slightly flexible)
- Bonus (discretionary and based on company & personal performance)
- Study Support (financial and additional time-off)
- Excellent private pension