Accounts Manager / Senior Manager - Clear Partnership Prospects
Exclusive to Michael Page, we're recruiting for an Accounts Manager or Senior Manager on behalf of a fantastic chartered accountancy practice based in Maidstone. Our client is looking for a general practice accounts and tax Manager or Senior Manager to join them and in return are offering very clear progression prospects to become a Director or Partner in the firm within very realistic time frames!!
My client is based in Maidstone and are incredibly well regarded in the local market. They have a very loyal client base and benefit from a great deal of client referrals. They have a very well established structure which means that at all levels there is a very good quality of client care which is something that the Directors are very proud of.
They have seen excellent growth over the last 5 years and have done well throughout the recent pandemic. They have excellent ambitions to continue growing their business and are now in a position to offer a very clear and opportunity for a Manager or Senior Manager to join them with a very clear and progressive route to becoming a Director or Partner in the firm.
The successful Accounts Manager/ Senior Manager will report directly in to the Partner and will be responsible for:
Client facing responsibilities:
- Building sold client relationships via various forms of communication, but most importantly regular contact with all clients either by telephone or face to-face meetings.
- Managing a portfolio of sole trade, partnership, limited company and personal tax clients and ensuring all HMRC and Companies House filing deadlines are met.
- Overseeing and ultimately responsible for all aspects of their teams client work, including but not limited to: bookkeeping, regular management accounts and vat return completion. Annual accounts preparation, tax computation and tax return submission. Payroll, P11D and form 42, company secretarial matters.
- Overseeing the transition to cloud accounting for those clients that are undertaking that task.
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence and enquiries.
- Identifying and managing planning opportunities including annual review of basic tax planning and remuneration, and general business support for clients.
- Responsible for staff supervision and training for their team.
- Managing the work flow of the team to ensure the best use of resources.
- Developing and mentoring the team to ensure they progress within the office environment and achieve success in their exams.
- Enabling each member of the team to achieve their potential.
Business Development responsibilities:
- Working with the directors and other managers within the company to look at ways in which to achieve growth targets.
- Regular attendance at local networking events. Establishing your own reputation as a professional adviser within the local business community and building your own network of contacts and referrers of work.
- Meeting potential clients, establishing their business needs and demonstrating how the business can not only assist them but also add value to them.
- Seamless "on-boarding" of new clients.
- Cross selling of additional services to existing clients.
The successful Accounts Manager/ Senior Manager:
- Will be ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Will relish the prospect of working for a fast growing firm, in a very busy and challenging environment.
- Will have excellent interpersonal skills in order to effectively build and maintain relationships with the team and cross all the departments of the firm, and with clients, contacts and referrers.
- Will aspire to be a Partner or Director within practice
On offer is a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as genuine development opportunities in a great environment.
If you are interested in this role or similar roles within practice please get in contact directly with Tristan Finch on 07717894149.