Commercial Finance Lead
Commercial Finance Lead for a tech/AI start-up. As accounting function is outsourced, this will be a broad commercial role with fundraising/investor relations and FP&A. £75K. Central London.
My client is a seed-funded tech/AI start-up that is fast expanding and looking to go through Series A funding later this year. They operate within the AI/machine learning space, are already working with big name brands (Amazon Web Services, Nvidia, Microsoft etc.) and have been named within "The Top AI Start-Ups to Watch in 2021".
They are expanding the London team and this Commercial Finance Lead will be employee No. 20 for the business and will head up all things finance.
This Commercial Finance Lead will report directly into the board and will have the following key responsibilities:
- Investor Relations/Fundraising: management of seed investor relationships as well as leading on Series-A funding later this year
- FP&A/Business Partnering: lead on business planning, partnering with board, market analysis, analysis of pricing strategies, headcount analysis, growth strategy etc.
- Modelling: creation and development of financial models in support of above activities
- Cashflow Forecasting: ensuring strong cash runway
- Improvements/Transformation: continuous process improvements in line with business' growth
- Workflow Management: Oversight of the outsourced reporting function, potential growth of an inhouse team in the future
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Start-up experience, either audit clients or industry
- Excellent Excel capabilities: able to create financial models
- Proven Commercial Finance background (Investor relations, fundraising, corporate development + FP&A/Business Planning)
- Comfortable working in an ever-changing, growth environment
- This will be fully remote initially but will require some London travel when offices reopen
What's On Offer
- Up to £75,000 (Experience Dependent)
- Chance to progress quickly within a growing firm
- Excellent senior stakeholder exposure