Sr Consultant, Fund Accounting
The Global Fund Administration Senior Consultant is responsible for providing oversight of the operational environment of the business units within Fund Administration. You will be responsible for working with business management and senior management focused on proactive activities to assist in maintaining operational processes in accordance with the highest NT standards. You will consistently identify opportunities to enhance controls, articulate the need for additional controls, and propose solutions to address risk to business unit senior management.
We are Seeking a candidate who is a self-starter, driven, problem solver, detail-oriented, organized, consultative, and analytical who can effectively use their skills. Able to quickly dive in and learn a new process, identify the key issues, and develop recommendations for solutions. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Technical knowledge of Fund Accounting and additional Fund Administration processes. Responsible for managing large and/or complex projects such as strategic change management, risk mitigations, and new business/product initiatives. Technical experts without management responsibilities, seen as key advisors on significant business decisions. Maintains regular contact with internal peers and external peers, including regulators and professional organizations.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas
- Conduct periodic proactive reviews of internal processes, procedures, and client specific servicing deliverables to ensure proper/effective controls and compliance with corporate standards
- Applies analytical skills to review processes and ensure proper preventative and detective controls are in place for business functions and prepares recommendations to strengthen control weaknesses
- Project Management: including project status tracking, obtaining consensus amongst working group, ensuring successful roll out of enhancements, and driving project to timely completion.
Skills and Experience:
- 4-6 Years Fund Accounting experience; preferably 40 Act, CIT, Partnerships, etc.
- Knowledge of asset classes comprising multiple products and funds (bonds, equities, options, futures, OTCs, fund of funds)
- Leadership and organizational skills to prioritize assignments
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary
- Ability to deal confidently and articulately with internal and external counterparties
- Analytical and problem solving skills; tech savvy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant software applications (Bloomberg, FIS Enterprise, Excel) preferred
- A College or University degree and relevant work experience is required
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.