Manager, Loan Administration (Private Equity)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
WHY CHOOSE A CAREER IN ALTERNATIVES WITH NORTHERN?
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Alternatives team has grown to over 80 partners in our Limerick office
- Our Private Capital team delivers a full end to end service to our Private Capital clients across EMEA, including fund accounting, financial reporting and investor reporting giving our staff wide exposure and experience. No one day is the same in Private Capital
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Manager in the EMEA Center of Excellence Private Debt Loan Administration Services Team. Our team provides loan portfolio administration Services to our Private Debt Fund clients.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
- Manages a Loan Administration Services team within our Limerick Alternatives operation.
- Has responsibility for the delivery of high quality service to each of the clients assigned to that team.
- Plays a key leadership role and contributes to the management, growth and success of the Private Capital business.
LOAN PORTFOLIO ADMINISTRATION
- Manages the preparation of monthly / quarterly loan portfolio statements for Private Debt Funds including the completion of consolidated loan portfolio statements for complex cross-border structures.
- Liaises with new clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support the loan portfolio administration services.
- Manages the Loan Administration team through the collection of relevant information to facilitate production of the loan portfolio.
- Ensures the loan portfolios are issued accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Active liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries on the loan portfolio.
- Ensures agreed client service levels are met.
- Provides unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with clients and associated parties on the loan portfolio activities.
- Ensures that operating arrangements are clearly established for the portfolio loan administration services on inception of a fund.
- Ensures that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete.
- Keeps abreast of current activities in the Private Capital market as well as industry and regulatory developments.
- Liaises with other internal departments such as Trustee, Legal, Custody and Company Secretarial.
- Contributes to the marketing and sales process to prospective clients via sales presentations, RFP responses etc.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Holds a recognised Professional Accounting Qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK/US GAAP and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Knowledge of or willingness to quickly gain knowledge of Private Debt Loan Administration Services.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to participate in systems development projects.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
Working with us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.