Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency (FSC)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to a Team Leader, your main responsibility will be to ensure that investor queries are handled in accordance to our quality and service level standards across calls and emails for all clients. As a senior analyst, along with BAU duties, you will be responsible for working with the team leader and the quality function to supporting the team on a daily basis and also to work on developing the on the job skills of the team to enhance the overall performance of the department.
The department provides third party fund services to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responding to investor queries via phone or email.
- Ensure queries are answered in line with department procedures.
- Ensure your own tasks and responsibilities are completed within the correct time scales.
- Attend and participate in team huddles and team meetings.
- Participate in client visit meetings as required.
- Support the TL on telephone call levels to ensure that all Service Level Agreements are met.
- Support the TL in monitoring client specific mailboxes & eGain to ensure all queries are completed within the agreed service level.
- Act as a buddy/mentor to new team members. Provide assistance and coaching to new members of the team. Act as a point of reference for their queries.
- Support the improvement of quality through procedural reviews and enhancements.
- Monitors and reports on various client queries. Makes recommendations to team leader on procedure changes.
- Complete and send out the teams statistics or reports as requested.
- Act as a mentor to all members of the team, providing support and assistance where necessary.
- Ensure your own tasks and responsibilities are completed within the correct time scales
- Fulfil additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Working knowledge Client & Investor Servicing
- Knowledge of Fund administration and the regulatory environment
- Ability to work to set deadlines
- Microsoft Office Skills i.e, Excel, Word.
- Attention to detail and strong accuracy
- Analytical skills are required to research and resolve enquiries
- Good communication skills
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.