Accountant, Financial Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
This is an opportunity for an individual who has an aptitude for accounting to work on and eventually manage large and/or complex projects meeting the financial and regulatory reporting needs of our clients as part of a team.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Investment Funds administered by Northern Trust.
- Deliver high quality service to clients through accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information. Be responsive to clients and anticipate their needs.
- Preparation of any group, board or ad hoc reporting required by your clients.
- Liaise with external auditors and deal with audit queries. Manage the audit process for your clients.
- Preparation of regulatory returns where applicable.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Ensuring tax compliance deadlines are met for the funds assigned to you.
- Preparing and/or reviewing tax computations as required.
- Assist other colleagues. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate. Liaise with other units – Transfer Agency, Custody/Trustee, Fund Accounting, Client Services, Legal, and Client Expenses.
- Liaise with colleagues in support locations, assist in planning outsourced work and provide colleagues in support locations with timely feedback on work provided. Review all work received from support locations.
- Seek to learn quickly and continually improve the service offered.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Previous Accounting/Financial Reporting experience within Financial Services/Audit Industry
- Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant with a view to completing exams.
- Ability to work in a structured environment, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Global Invest One/Enterprise advantageous.
- Excellent client servicing skills
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.