Head of Finance
Role: Head of Finance – SaaS, growth stage
Location: San Francisco, CA
Internal Job ID: 480227
CVPartners is retained by its SF–based client, a Series B SaaS company, as they insource for finance/accounting oversight. This role will work autonomously and be the point person for the other department heads and Founder on "all things finance" and seek candidates who have scaled with a fast–growing company of a similar revenue model.
- Extensive experience in building scalable finance organizations in a fast–paced hyper–growth SaaS environment.
- Experience working with external vendors – audit, tax, advisory, consulting, etc.
- Experience business partnering with marketing, product, engineering, etc.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or other similar course of study; MBA a plus
- 10+ total years of experience with time in corporate finance – strong preference for similar stage and revenue model of company along with a base of experience in IB, consulting, audit/CPA track, etc.
- Strong understanding of accounting, compliance and ability to own accounting in addition to finance
- Highly proficient in various technology tools – business intelligence, accounting systems, data, etc.
- Ability to communicate finance concepts to non–finance professionals is an absolute must.
- Capital raising and M&A experience a plus but not a main focus of the role
- An understanding of what it takes at a startup – pace, hours, mindset
- Working with business unit leaders to set and achieve quarterly, annual and multi–year financial goals, as well as reviewing intermediate forecasts that track to those goals.
- Extensive experience in budget planning, modeling, and generating practical insights and recommendations
- Manage all finance and corporate functions
- Reporting, maintaining and forecasting SaaS metrics/analytics
- Creating analyses, commentary and presentation materials for board & leadership meetings.
- Working closely with our Sales, Customer Success, and Executive Teams to own responsibilities around forecasting and managing business metrics (i.e. Pipeline and Revenue Forecasting)
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial and strategic matters at Board meetings.
- Communicating and gaining adoption of policies, internal controls, accounting standards (GAAP), along with procedures and tools.
- Partnering with the CEO on future fundraising rounds, while building strong relationships with current and prospective investors.