A large and well known construction company in Riyadh is looking to hire an Accounting Manager to lead and manage a large accounting team. The role will involve the full cycle of accounting duties in addition to supervising the AP functions and ad hoc reporting
- Primary person to lead and ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close process, including preparation of information required by the parent company and its auditors.
- Review of payables for accuracy and proper authorization, as well as compliance with other company policies and procedures.
- Prepare cash and expenditure forecasts used in weekly check runs.
- Analysis of general ledger accounts, reconciliation of sub-ledgers to the general ledger and proper and timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Review and monitor accounting activity to ensure the effectiveness and proper functioning of the system of internal controls and the accuracy of financial information.
- Aware of the percentage of completion accounting.
- Prepare and provide all reports to External auditor, Zakat advisor and contractor classification Dep.
- Analyze financial data and assist in preparation of financial statements, budgets, and supporting schedules.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and evaluate their effectiveness and compliance.
- Participates in the financial planning and organization of the company.
- Assist in the schedule compilation for the annual Zakat & monthly (VAT) tax returns.
- Provides information and consultation to CFO, and top management of the company.
- Collaboration with various internal departments to support overall department and company goals and objectives.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 7+ years' experience in a finance/accounting role ideally with a construction background
- Experience managing and leading a large team
- Full-cycle accounting including financial reporting experience
- Capable of handling multiple projects at any given time
- Accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA/CMA/SOCPA) is a big asset