Technical Accounant - Policies & procedures
The purpose of this role of the senior manager is to take overall responsibility for the group's accounting policies, interpretations and advice - including all accounting resources available to employees.
- Expertise on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and its application within The Company
- Determine global accounting policies, implement them and ensure compliance
- Provide timely and clear guidance on the accounting implications of business decisions
- Assess the impact of proposed changes to IFRS and identify the actions required internally to comply with them.
- Where necessary act as advocate for the company with the standard setters or other governance bodies to defend its interests.
- Developing and implementing a training strategy to support The Company 's financial reporting community.
- Deliver the training through various mediums, to address the needs of different audiences and learning preferences (such as e-learning, guides to best practice and live meetings)
- Exclusive responsibility for developing and implementing an accounting and reporting knowledge management strategy to deliver ongoing support to The Company 's finance community
The team is responsible for reviewing all external GAAP, controls and reporting developments, lobbying on potential developments and identifying the implications and actions required internally to comply / meet all related challenges that arise.
- 10+ years of Big 4 experience as (financial) auditor
Master degree in auditing
Professional qualification of CPA
Demonstratable IFRS expertise, certainly on technical standards (IFRS 9, IAS 19, IAS 36, IFRS 16, IFRS 15)
- Post CPA qualification experience of 5+ years
Technical training in Big 4 audit firms. Must have worked in audit, financial statements preparation/review, technical accounting advisory
- Business acumen, strong analytical skill, knowledge of chemical industry is a plus
- Expertise knowledge of standard accounting practices, solid knowledge in IFRS
- Team player
- Advanced organisational skills and task management