Accounts Senior – Oxford Office
Accounts Senior – Oxford Office
Excellent opportunity for an ACCA/ACA Newly Qualified or Finalist individual with a UK practice background looking for interesting client work in a growing Top 100 firm.
Do you want to join a progressive firm bursting with talented staff you could learn and develop from? If so, we could have the perfect role for you. Shaw Gibbs is a Top 100 independent accountancy, financial services and insolvency practice with offices in Oxford and London Marylebone. We have a strong focus on innovation and technology to help our clients make informed decisions on how to grow their business. Our clients range from private clients to owner-managed businesses and large international subsidiaries. We also have specialist teams for international businesses and property based clients.
Shaw Gibbs takes pride in being an employer of choice, we put our people first and our staff enjoy long term careers with us. Our practice is known for having a friendly and supportive team culture where everyone receives training and development focused not just on technical knowledge but also on commercial and soft skills. Our culture is based on collaboration, respect, innovation and expertise.
We have ambitious growth plans and we are currently looking for an Accounts Senior to join our growing Oxford team. Your role will be varied, challenging and hugely rewarding.
This is a full time permanent position with flexible working.
This role would suit someone with a minimum of 2-3 year’s UK practice experience. Full training and support will be given to further develop your skills and abilities for a long-term career within our practice.
Reporting to an Accounts Manager, your core responsibilities will include:
- Building long lasting client relationships
- Supporting a number of Partners and Managers whilst also managing your own diverse portfolio of clients and being their primary point of contact
- Using a variety of accounting software packages including CCH, Sage and Xero
- Developing and applying your technical and commercial knowledge
- Ensuring assignments are completed to a high standard, in time and within budgets agreed with Directors
- Preparing and reviewing working papers, statutory accounts and management accounts for sole traders, limited companies and partnerships
- Preparing and reviewing corporation tax computations and returns
- Managing own workload in a timely and efficient manner while all the time ensuring we exceed client expectations
- Supervising, training and assisting more junior members of the team
- Assisting with billing
- Attendance at networking events and building your profile locally
- Opportunities to work in London
What we can offer you
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- Director level Mentor and a Line Manager who will work closely with you to support you through your development and provide day to day guidance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance, retail discount scheme and flexible working
- 22 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service plus the opportunity to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Attractive central Oxford office
- A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed
- If required, full funding and support to complete the ACCA/ACA qualification, including study leave & time off for exams
We would like to hear from you if you are a quick learner and can tick all of the below:
- ACCA/ACA Qualified or Finalist
- At least 2-3 years UK practice accounts experience
- Able to produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- University degree with a 2.1 or higher, or 3 A-Levels (or equivalent) with BBC grades or higher
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills, specifically Excel and able to pick up new IT packages very quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- Create a positive impression with clients and staff
- A proactive approach, prepared to go the extra mile
- Enjoy developing junior staff
Please do not apply if you cannot tick all of the above criteria.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the role via the form below.
For more information on what it is like working at Shaw Gibbs, visit our career page:
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 26th January 2021.