LdAnlyst, Fin Plan&Analy
The Lead analyst – FP&A provides business, financial analysis and reporting support for Finance Inform to Manage Processes. S/he expected to deliver moderately complex analytics and reporting support for their assigned corporate, line of business, sector, shared service, region, country, or legal entity team. S/he plays an integral role providing support for the development of period end commentary, variance analyses, and reporting; supporting KPI metrics tracking and scorecard reporting, providing capital planning, project planning, and budget management support, in addition to a wide range of planned periodic and unplanned delivery to ad hoc requests as assigned.
The individual in this role will work independently to accomplish his/her own assigned workload and collaboratively with other members of his/ her Finance or cross functional team in compliance with the approved process standards at the agreed service levels committed to in the Mutual Service Agreements
- To contribute to or perform analysis of moderate, complex financial transactions, budgeting, forecasting, planning, reporting, general ledger accounts, operating performance, profitability, and industry/competitor outcomes and trends
- S/he may provide analytical support to more complex activities such as audits; and the fulfillment of moderate, complex ad hoc requests and special projects as assigned
In addition to ad hoc requests and special project assignments, the Analyst might be called on to perform moderate, complex analyses of:
- financial performance, e.g. actual revenues and expenses vs. forecasted/planned revenues and expenses
- decision support for a prospective business opportunity or new product offerings
- competitive performance, e.g. key performance indicators for BNYM as compared to its competition
- profitability analysis of products offered and customers served
- comparative analytics, period to period - variances in connection with the close
- Bachelor degree in Computer discipline combined with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is preferred
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of related experience with Alteryx
- Hands-on skills and experience in Alteryx Designer, Alteryx Server, and the tools with Alteryx such as Predictive, Parsing, and Transforms.
- 5+ years of work experience on similar tools like: Informatica, Talend Pentaho data extraction and manipulation tool.
- 4+ years writing SQL queries against any RDBMS with query optimization.
- Experience reading and building data models
- Hands on experience creating self-service analytics used to perform what-if analysis, predict future outcomes and highlight drivers of business results
- Demonstrable skills around analytical thinking, problem solving and conceptual skills
- High level understanding of data governance and data quality processes
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead and work on cross-functional project teams comfortable communicating to lead technical resources, business SMEs, and project sponsors
- Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Should have knowledge and Experience in relational and dimensional data modeling
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.