Overall Job Purpose
To assist Partners and portfolio holders in the prompt collection of the firm’s debts, processing accounting data efficiently, and helping ensure that internal and external clients receive a quality service in all respects.
To keep Line Manager informed of the status of work, any exceptions to policy and of any problems encountered.
- Building relationships with internal and external clients to facilitate settlement of outstanding bills in line with terms of business
- Dealing with, escalating and managing queries raised by clients through to conclusion
- Regular meetings and calls with Partners, portfolio holders and other stakeholders to agree actions and responsibilities
- Daily maintenance and noting of debtors ledge
- Checking and issuing of monthly statements and reminder letters
- Ensuring accurate classification of clients within the practice management system
- Monthly debtor provisioning in line with policy
- Cash management; maximising collections, arranging refunds, transferring and reallocating
- Ensuring that the monthly client Stop list is noted in a timely and accurate manner
- Supporting the preparation of month-end tasks and delivery of reports
- General housekeeping duties
- Assisting as may be required within Credit Control and NFO including specific projects as directed
- A good general standard of education
- Recent and relevant experience working within a Credit Control role
- Professional and articulate, reliable and motivated
- Comfortable working with people at all levels within the organisation
- Willingness to travel including some overnight stays
- Confident telephone manner
- Methodical, organised and accurate with ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- IT Literate Microsoft office (including; Outlook, Excel, Word)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.