Junior Financial Controller #163688
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our cultural values.
Sustainability, Research and Investment Solutions (SRI) is a newly created corporate function supporting Credit Suisse to become a leader in content, insights and sustainability to drive the bank’s long-term growth and strategy at large. SRI delivers to a variety of key partners:
- Clients: Provide innovative research, investment products and solutions to our corporate, institutional and wealth clients
- Business Divisions: Partner and enable our divisions to deliver long-term growth
- Employees: Create a firm culture that actively promotes sustainability through diversity, inclusion and purpose
- Society: Manage our reputational risk and meet the maturing regulatory requirements across content and sustainability
- CS Investors: Be considered as an attractive investment opportunity given our leadership ambition in sustainability.
The position of a Financial Controller is a role in our SRI Finance organization which is based in Wroclaw and Zurich. We are looking for an experienced and motivated person who likes to work with financial tasks in an international environment. We provide comprehensive expense service and detailed reporting for Senior Management. We offer an opportunity to acquire and develop skills in financial and business analysis, technical skills in creating financial reports and analysis combined with exposure to various key business partners in subject of high management attention.
You would be responsible for growing variety of tasks:
- Acting as financial navigator for one of Business Areas
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly financial deliverables including reporting and analysis
- Understanding main drivers and providing clarity on direct expenses
Responsibility over budget amendments:
- Preparation of expense forecast
- Collection, maintenance and consolidation of financial data
- Operational improvements and optimization
- Playing a key part in the successful partnership with abroad teams
- Opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of the banking business and products and to grow personally
- At least 2 years of experience within banking or finance
- University degree in finance, economics or mathematics (as primary or secondary field of studies)
- Proven MS Office skills (especially practical Excel knowledge, VBA would be an asset)
- Analytical skills and holistic thinking, flair for data and figures
- A service oriented and reliable personality committed to develop
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English (oral and written)
- Good communication skills including ability to efficiently lead business meetings and telephone calls
- An ability and eagerness to take leadership of complex tasks or processes requiring coordination of several individuals or functions
- Highly motivated for professional development
- Dedicated problem solver and you are happy to take initiative to improve
You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Private medical care
- Life insurance for employees and additional insurance options available for family members
- Pension plan
- Charity days
- Training and development
- Internal Mobility
- Language training course
- Family – nursery and kindergarten funding, gift vouchers for Christmas
- Parking allowance
- Health promotion: Multisport card, sporting events and groups within Credit Suisse (skiing trips, football team, running team, tennis training course etc.)
- Employee discounts on various products and services (event tickets, consumer products, etc.)
- Relocation package
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible work schedule and working from home (home office)
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.