Senior Manager, Regional SOX Financial Control
Get to know our Team
The Internal Controls and SOX team is a newly established team responsible for:
- Ensuring the Group’s compliance with SOX regulations, and internal control good practices
- Ensure effective and efficient financial policies, processes and controls in place
- Safeguarding of company assets through mitigating financial risks & exposures
- Continuous improvements on financial operation through implementing innovative solutions
We make an impact by working with multiple business stakeholders to understand and improve internal controls. Our team is made up of intellectually curious professionals who are keen to apply their knowledge and experience in a dynamic setting. If you are looking for the opportunity to shape the control environment at a fast-paced and dynamic technology firm, then you should join our team!
Get to know the Role
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Regional SOX Financial Control to lead the SOX Financial Control team. We believe a successful candidate has ample audit and risk advisory experience in the Technology industry, but if you believe you have what it takes then we’d love to hear from you either way. In return, you will get an opportunity to apply your expertise and be the internal go-to person on Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance.
The day-to-day activities:
- Support the Regional Head of Internal Controls and SOX
- Lead the SOX Financial Control team, which is responsible for planning and performing a top-down, risk-based approach to evaluating internal controls over financial reporting to ensure requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Act are met, including the ongoing periodic assessments
- Planning, implementing, coordinating, and executing all phases of SOX compliance
- Reviewing internal controls documentation including process flowcharts, process narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate controls as systems and/or processes are developed and/or changed
- Organising, managing and performing SOX testing and ensuring testing results are appropriately documented and communicated, including detailed review of execution of SOX procedures across the Group, which comprises various countries, and may include work performed by external contractors.
- Ensuring clear, concise, actionable and practical observations and recommendations, with a well-documented process for communication and clearance
- Coordinating with internal and external auditors on the annual SOX testing plan and provide support to them to ensure timely and smooth completion of SOX projects
- Develop and maintain business relations with senior levels of management, and be the trusted risk advisor on control related matters.
- Refine the SOX framework on an ongoing basis for cost efficiency and process effectiveness while ensuring compliance
The must haves:
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy, finance or equivalent
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIA)
- 12-15 years of audit and risk advisory (including Sarbanes-Oxley) experience, in the Technology industry,
- Excellent command of English
- Proficiency in productivity tools (Google suite, email, calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills, good communication and presentation skills, good business acumen
- Ability to think on your feet and work independently in a start-up environment.
Experience and knowledge in the following:
- Leadership skills, with strong confidence for interaction with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- Knowledgeable with current industry standards such as COSO, and has strong relationships with private sector counterparts.
- Risk advisory skills (internal controls over financial reporting)
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing teams.
- Qualification in Accounting, Internal Auditing.
- Sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques.
- Significant and diverse professional / internal audit experience, including International exposure (US & APAC)
- Strong communication, influencing skills and reporting writing skills.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Ability to provide direction to the team and the organization to ensure successful implementation of ICOFR policies and procedures
- Identify issues, determine root cause and recommend accurate and actionable solutions to improve controls and manage risk to the company’s risk appetite.
- Possess sound judgement with critical thinking skills and demonstrated in applying effective problem-solving techniques, thinking ahead to manage issues effectively.
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- A self-starter and independent learner who takes the initiative to challenge the status quo.
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Structured thought process with strong analytical ability
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.