Assistant Manager - Business Risk Services
Grant Thornton Business Risk Services (BRS) team is currently seeking an ambitious professional person to join us in our Dublin office. The BRS team performs a variety of services to our clients in the areas of risk management, control assurance, compliance advisory, internal control and corporate governance.
We are looking to recruit a Risk Advisory/ Control Assurance manager to join the BRS team. The successful candidate will have manager level experience in risk management, control assurance and/ or compliance advisory either as part of a professional service firm or in industry. This role offers you the opportunity to join an expanding and dynamic team. You will have the opportunity to develop professionally and personally. This role will be attractive to individuals who can rise to a challenge, who are adaptable and enjoy working in a dynamic environment. This role provides strong candidates with the opportunity to become a key part of the management team of a rapidly growing area of the business and offers highly attractive career development and progression opportunities
- provide risk management, control assurance and/ or regulatory compliance expertise to clients, in a consulting capacity or as part of an outsourced or co-sourced arrangement;
- act as the lead for fieldwork assignments involving multiple team members and client deliverables;
- work closely with client management, up to and including board-level directors;
- prepare detailed reports outlining risk advisory, control assurance findings and recommendations; and
- assist the management team in strategic business development activities, including identifying client needs, opportunities and working on proposals for new business.
Skills and attributes:
- minimum 3 years’ post qualification experience in a specialist risk advisory or control assurance in industry or professional services;
- ERM, operational risk and/ or internal audit experience in a risk advisory, control assurance or compliance monitoring role is a distinct advantage;
- qualification relevant to risk management, regulatory compliance, internal audit, accounting, consulting, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIA, PIIA, MIIA, PMP, Six Sigma, etc.;
- strong client focus and client relationship management skills;
- exposure to the financial services sector and large private or multinational sector;
- strong project management skills, issue resolution and the ability to plan and manage local and global projects with large teams;
- a strong team player who is also prepared to lead;
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- proven business development skills.
If you think you are this person and you want a career that works for you with a professional services organisation that is going places then apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.