Statutory (Compliance) Supervisor, Global Business Solutions - Cheltenham (12 Month FTC)
We are Crowe - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Due to continued expansion and growth we have an excellent opportunity to join us within our Global Business Solutions department as part of the Compliance team based at our office in Cheltenham.
The remit of the Compliance team is to ensure that all statutory compliance deadlines (i.e. statutory financial statements, audits, corporate tax returns, corporate secretarial work etc.) are prepared and filed on a timely basis for our Global Business Solutions (GBS) client portfolio. This covers our clients who have either full subsidiaries, branches or permanent establishments overseas, across 25+ different countries on a global basis.
Due to significant growth, we are looking to expand the team assigned to our client portfolio. Responsible for assisting with the preparation and review of local GAAP statutory financial statements, coordination of statutory audit and corporate tax work, and provide ongoing support to the planning and management of our US client base with their statutory obligations across the world.
This is a varied role which will give you access to an interesting range of US tech start-ups and their senior management team, as well as their international operations and local GAAP reporting requirements.
- Working with our network of local offices and third party service providers to ensure the timely preparation of statutory financial statements and corporate tax returns in accordance with the applicable local financial reporting framework and standards.
- Conduct thorough reviews of the prepared statutory financial statements and corporate tax returns, provide feedback on local statutory adjustments and drafting full statutory reconciliations between the clients’ accounts and the local GAAP financials.
- Demonstrate understanding, technical knowledge and application of local accounting rules and regulations for entities and providing technical support to colleagues.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate audit work and assist with all audit queries coordinating with both internal accounting teams and drafting clear, concise and accurate emails for clients.
- Ensuring delivery of all compliance work inside deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Supporting the Partners and your team colleagues on assigned tasks and clients; drafting responses to client queries, dealing with ad hoc queries and using initiative in different situations.
- Escalating any issues or concerns to the Partners as appropriate.
- Provide cover across the wider team as necessary.
- Previous experience of statutory financial preparation and review and/or audit, gained within public practice, preferably within a business solutions or audit environment. Experience of working with countries on an international scale would be highly desirable.
- Qualified or near-qualified (ACA/ACCA) or qualified by relevant experience highly desirable.
- Highly organised and able to deal with multiple deadlines and prioritise tasks appropriately.
- Ability to deliver consistent responses and high standards first time through high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills are required to ensure clear communication with our global affiliates, as is an ability to gain trust and develop relationships quickly.
- Able to share knowledge within the team and carry out research as needed.
- A team player and self-starter who is able to come in and quickly take ownership of tasks with minimal supervision.
- IT skills - ability to use Microsoft office packages, in particular Excel.
- An interest in the big picture around what Global Business Solutions and the wider Firm can offer to our clients.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Closing Date: 04 April 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.