Internal Audit Assistant Manager - London
Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom
Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
London, Greater London, United KingdomNottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Overall Job Purpose
Manage / Work in an Internal Audit & Controls team in conjunction with Partners/Directors/Senior Managers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of complex technical internal audit programmes, advisory projects or controls assignments at clients’ sites in accordance with the Firm’s Standards.
Support Partner/Directors/Senior Managers in practice management and business development, including networking events, developing client relationships and leading on proposals for new business.
- Work as part of a delivery team on Internal Audit, Advisory and Controls project, as required.
- Manage agreed client portfolio delivering a client audit/controls/advisory programme, ensuring that the work is completed to time and budget, providing solutions on any issues as appropriate to the Senior Managers/Director/Partner.
- Develop progress papers and annual reports for clients/Audit Committees prior to Senior Manager/Director/Partner review and sign off.
- Represent the Firm as required, including attendance at client meetings, attendance at networking events and relevant industry group meetings and seminars and other forums as deemed appropriate.
- Where leading a team, ensure the effective development, planning and utilisation of team members in line with the budgets for the business and/or client engagements and monitoring effectiveness and quality of work through robust review processes.
- Deal with day-to-day team matters, including feedback on performance on the job, assisting in PDRs and where relevant the recruitment process, team welfare and H&S.
- Build lasting client relationships developing additional work opportunities at new clients or new work at potential clients.
- Support the Partners/Directors/Senior Managers in practice management initiatives including robust risk management for project, opportunity management and monitoring (including preparing and participating in tender presentations), timely and accurate invoicing, assisting in developing new services, methodologies and innovative solutions.
- Professionally qualified – e.g. ACA/MIIA/ACCA, or other specialist skills/qualifications.
- Gained the necessary experience within Internal Audit or controls projects and in advisory/consulting on risk & control, working within public sector or corporate sectors.
- Driving licence (clean) / access to a car is preferable.
- Effective use of IT including word, PowerPoint, excel, audit and accounting packages, outlook.
- Maintains and promotes high professional standards of conduct and practice and demonstrates commitment to the Firm’s policies and standards.
- Excellent technical knowledge on the internal audit process, controls requirements (such as SOX) and relevant sector issues.
- Anticipates the impact of key developments within the relevant client sectors to manage overall commercial risk.
- Applies knowledge of services, industry, markets and core client base, promoting and co-ordinating additional services provided to clients and targets.