Associate, Tax - London
Working at Crowe UK, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career.
The Private Client team based in London provides tax compliance and advisory services to a diverse range of clients, including owner managed businesses, partners and high net worth individuals.
Our people are fundamental to our business and success. Our expert teams of professional advisers and support staff are the key to a first class client service. Our supportive environment encourages responsibility, career development and future business leaders. Building careers is one of the ways we build our business.
- ATT qualification is preferred
- Experience in the professional and private client sector
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- A passion for client service
- Display energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results
- A keenness to further your own personal development and career goals
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe UK’s capability to support our clients
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times
- Delivering work to the highest quality
- The ability to work well in a team, to understand others points of view and constructively take on board any points made, whilst at the same time suggesting possible ideas for consideration
- The ability to gather relevant information, notice relationships between different pieces of information, reason from clause to effect and generate effective solutions to practical problems
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively manage the compliance process with appropriate consideration of taxation issues and technical matters
- The successful candidate will be responsible for their own portfolio of clients reporting to the manager and/or partner, helping them to comply with their taxation filing and payment obligations and working with them to manage their taxation affairs.
- Demonstrating a personal commitment to work and team success; showing a positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking the initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect. Helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
- Coaching junior members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately
- Participating in office, service line and firm wide activities
- Assisting managers and partners with the personal tax relationship of the individuals, both employed and self-employed, on client portfolio
- Overseeing the personal tax compliance cycle (including tax computations, returns and payments) and liaison with the client and HM Revenue & Customs
- Delegation of preparatory aspects of personal tax work to junior members of staff and reviewing their work
- Liaison with other agents and third parties such as investment managers, stockbrokers and banks where necessary
- Attend client meetings with managers or partners to discuss their client’s tax affairs and future tax planning opportunities
- Dealing with HM Revenue enquiries into tax returns on client portfolio as appropriate
- Providing clients with ad hoc tax planning, both in the UK and overseas
- Be actively involved in the provision of advisory services to clients, including clients of other departments and offices
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return, we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. You will also have the opportunity to work for a firm that truly puts its people at the forefront of its thinking.
Closing Date: 01 April 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.