Manager, Corporate Tax - London
We have a vacancy for a Corporate Tax Manager to work in our London office Tax team. This is a full time permanent role with opportunities for progression. The clients will predominantly be for corporates. However there will be the opportunity, if desired to work on clients who are charities and not for profit bodies (e.g. schools, mainstream charities, membership organisations etc).
This is a full time permanent role with opportunities for progression so if you’re an Assistant Manager looking for a step up or a Manager looking for a new and exciting challenge with scope for progression read on….
You will work closely with the tax partners delivering UK and cross-border special and project based work, and overseeing larger or more complex compliance work with a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from owner-managed companies to quoted groups. You will also be involved in business development initiatives and working with the team to generate new work.
You should be qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with extensive practical tax experience (e.g. managing compliance for large groups, R&D, property taxes/capital allowances, group restructures would be ideal). You will also be able to work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, and audit and corporate finance colleagues whilst using your own initiative.
The role requirements
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification essential.
- Significant Corporate Tax and accounting experience on a range of advisory and compliance projects.
- A passion for client service.
- A track record of developing new work.
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
Your direct client responsibilities
- Leading work on UK and cross-border tax advisory projects, reporting to tax partners.
- Overseeing compliance work on larger or more complex clients.
- Developing relationships with clients and contacts.
- Identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts, including corporate taxes, VAT, personal taxes, payroll taxes, corporate finance support etc.
- Acting at all times with the Firm’s best interests in mind. Acts with integrity in all dealings.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the different types of risk, understanding the Firm’s approach and policies for managing risk in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules and following policies.
- Considering and managing risk (reputational, operational and credit) in all interactions with clients.
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how their work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm’s ability to serve clients.
- Demonstrating an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations for the client.
- Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work.
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe UK’s capability to support our clients.
- Act as a role model for members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Deliver work to the highest quality.
- Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP accounting fundamentals and applications; proficient in basic technical techniques (valuations, modelling, spreadsheets).
- Ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively understand and manage risk issues.
Closing Date: 01 April 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.