Due Diligence Manager
Locations: London, Greater London, Manchester, Greater Manchester, Reading, Berkshire, UK
Overall job purpose
To assist in the execution of financial due diligence assignments on both buy-side and sell side transactions and support the team in new business generation.
To manage the execution of financial due diligence assignments on both buy-side and sell-side transactions across a variety of sectors and client types, supporting the directors and partners. To assist in coaching, managing and supporting the team and to assist in winning new business.
The role will largely focus on supporting the project leader, but also includes a significant aspect of coaching and supporting the development of the due diligence team, developing relationships and assisting in winning work. In all cases working alongside the director and partner group and colleagues
Assisting with client acceptance and engagement take-on processes.
- Undertaking and reviewing financial analysis, interpretation of outputs
- Identifying key deal issues and commercial observations
- Report writing and reviewing team members’ drafting
- Managing junior staff
- Starting to liaise with clients, target businesses and other professional advisors
- Liaising with other services lines, for example tax
- Managing the delivering of the project alongside the directors and partners
- Coaching and developing
- Be a role model for students
- On the job coaching of others in the team
- Managing the development and training of the wider team
- Business development
- Research, preparation and support on proposals and presentations, alongside the directors and partners
- Supporting role in business development across the firm
- Seeking to develop specialisms and niches
- Relationship building with potential clients and intermediaries (private equity houses, banks, law firms and corporate)
- Relationship building with the firm
- Graduate, qualified accountant, preferably with first time passes
- 2 - 3+ years PQE in a due diligence environment
- Exposure to a variety of sectors and transaction styles and sizes
- High level of accuracy, diligence and integrity
- Technically strong with a good understanding of both UK GAP and IFRS
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Very numerate and literate
- A desire to assist in coaching and developing the team
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.