Corporate Reporting Assistant
About the role
The National Finance Office (NFO) are hiring a Corporate Reporting Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis. The purpose of this role is to ensure RSM meets all regulatory requirements, assisting with the external audit process, assistance on tasks to ensure internal and external deadlines are met, preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and other ad hoc tasks.
About the company and department
The National Finance Office is a team of approximately 80 people, split over various locations. They are responsible for supporting the firm with all financial aspects of the day to day running, including supplier payments and expenses, payroll, commercial finance support and financial and statutory accounting to name a few.
The Corporate Reporting team, in which this role resides, is responsible for many areas such as:
- Statutory reporting
- External audit
- Production of statutory accounts (under IFRS and FRS102)
- Limited company and LLP accounting
- Various areas of taxation (VAT, Corporate tax and PAYE Settlement Agreement)
- Accounting and ledger transactions
- IFRS and FRS102 Technical support provided to the rest of NFO
- Other compliance and external reporting
About the job
The focus of this role is to support the Corporate Reporting team. Responsibilities of the role include production of dormant entity accounts, accounting for Limited Companies and LLPs, support to Taxation Manager (VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE Settlement Agreement and Insurance Premium Tax), adhoc projects and documentation of processes and controls. In addition, you will be required to liaise with other departments within RSM to collate information, therefore you will need good communication skills.
- Provide support to Corporate Reporting Manager
- Assist with VAT return preparation and monthly reconciliations
- Help with statutory reporting (including liaising with external auditors)
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Journal postings
- Collating information for external surveys and Office of National Statistics reports
- Monthly analysis for various nominal ledger accounts
- Documentation of processes and controls
- General ad-hoc project work
About the ideal candidate
The candidate should be organised and methodical in their approach, with a good eye for detail who is enthusiastic and a team player. The candidate should be adaptable to change, able to meet tight deadlines, thorough, flexible and resilient. Good communication skills and being comfortable with computer systems including Excel is important.
- The candidate could be studying towards AAT qualification (or similar) or wishing to do so in the future
- Proficient in Excel (understanding of pivot tables, vlookup, sumif etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with people at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.