AUM Controller #165587
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Private Banking APAC seek to provide advisory services in respect of over CHF 220bn of client assets and as a key growth region for the firm.
The AUM/NNA controller role has a primary responsibility for Finance controls, reporting and analysis relating to Assets under Management (AUM) and Net New Assets (NNA) and given the pace of expansion as well as the need to maintain a strong control environment over classification and reporting, this is a key area of focus both regionally and globally.
The role requires an in-depth understanding of the Global CS AUM/NNA policy and is an enabler of the business in ensuring that the assets and flows are recognized and reported in alignment with the Policy.
AUM/NNA policy and controls
- Manage the APAC AUM/NNA control framework including maintenance of relevant documentation and sign offs aligned to the firm’s AUM/NNA policy and existing framework
- Develop and evolve processes to provide oversight, review and classify client’s flows including understanding of client intent, nature of the advisory relationship and special circumstances
- Interface and partner with the regional business to establish the accurate finance treatment and co-ordinate the review of large/special cases with Group Finance and PB APAC Management
- Maintaining influential positive relationships with key business partners such as Market Business Managers, Global AUM officer necessary for the alignment of strategic and daily operational objectives
AUM/NNA Reporting and analysis:
- Own and develop AUM/NNA Estimates reporting to CFO / Divisional Finance / PB APAC management in co-ordination with Business Information Systems (M&BIS) team
- Develop ad-hoc analysis and deep-dives on key AUM/NNA topics for CFO / PB APAC management
- Training and Development of the Front around AUM/NNA recognition
- Preparation, maintenance and presentation of training materials for New RMs to on-board them with the CS policy and governance around AUM/ NNA
- Provide regular updates and meet training needs of the APAC markets around the topic.
- Liaising with the Group Finance in regards to preparation and introduction of Special Cases to the global AUM Committees
- Preparation and Review of Business Cases and materials for the senior committee meetings
- Coordinating with Group Finance to ensure documentation is up to date, adequate and provided on a timely basis
- Drive, participate and support special investigations and periodic internal/external reviews ensuring adherence to the Policy
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- Academic degree and/or job certificates in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- At least 5 years of prior experience in Controlling/Finance/Accounting functions or similar capacity in a global banking environment
- Possess outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Confident and articulate, strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, able to operate with senior executives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (mainly Excel)
- Proactive and inquisitive. Ability to think creatively, originate new ideas and implement them
- Ability in data interrogation, interpretation, and presentation
- Able to multi-task under pressure in a fast paced environment as well as take ownership and accountability of tasks and projects from inception to conclusion
- Experience in Private banking an advantage
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.