Pensions Audit Manager - Reading
7 days left
- Experience level
Description - External
Pensions Audit Manager - Reading
We are looking for an enthusiastic, commercially focused experienced audit manager or assistant manager to join our busy pensions audit team in Reading.
We provide audit and assurance services to all sizes of pension schemes right up to the largest in the UK. The Reading office is our centre of excellence for pension scheme audits. This is where the majority of the pensions team are based and from where we audit a large number of our audit clients.
The role is primarily to specialize in pension audits, but you could also request to be involved in corporate audits for part of the year. This is usually possible within asset management, banking or the insurance sector.
As a Manager in the Pensions audit team you will:
- Be responsible for a portfolio of audit clients, building relationships, identifying new business opportunities. You will be the lead in driving the planning, review and be responsible for leading of your teams completion of work and drive audits delivering on time.
- Work across a range of other projects such as risk reviews, AAF reports or analytics
- Supporting in creating an inclusive environment. Getting involved in other activities of the team, such as training, recruitment or preparing technical materials
- Take part in proposals, presenting to new or existing clients
As a member of the Pensions audit team you will also reflect EY’s core people values:
- Demonstrating the ability to challenge, influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity
- Demonstrating a teaming approach through your day to day working practices.
- Delivering “exceptional client service” based on a well networked, responsive and approach
As a Manager in the Pensions audit team you will benefit from:
- Broad exposure to delivering solutions to some of the UK’s largest pensions clients
- Developing a wide range of audit and technology skills
- Deepening your technical knowledge and broadening your understanding of regulatory requirements
- Build business winning relationships and enhance your business development skills
- Develop your skills in aspects or areas of the role that you choose to specialise in
You will have:
- Membership of a recognised accountancy body – ICAEW, ICAS, ACCA, or equivalent
- Several years post qualification experience in practice and / or industry
- Relevant external audit experience, ideally with some experience in the Pensions market or in financial services
- Experience of Leading teams
The successful individual will be;
- Driven, commercially aware, and passionate about progressing your career with EY
- A good communicator, both in person and in writing
- Practical, organised and have a willingness to learn new skills
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.