Senior Associate: Deals, Transaction Services
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
Who we are looking for:
Do you have strong financial analysis skills, combined with an ability to see the commercial "Big Picture"? Are you comfortable with financial models but equally interested in the strategic decisions which drive business value? We have an excellent opportunity to join our Dubai office as a Senior Associate in the Valuation team.
About the role
As part of the leading global valuation practice with over 1,700 dedicated valuation professionals in 50 countries, we have the right people to support clients for various different type of valuation related work. Our Middle East valuations team operates on a regional basis but with team members based in each territory who understand the local market dynamics.
Within the practice, the UAE valuations team represents a group of more than 20 professionals based mainly in the Dubai office, working across various industry verticals as required. We also work collaboratively with the regional valuation team members and provide support on large complex regional valuation engagements. You could be working remotely with colleagues anywhere in the region.
You will enjoy potential for fast personal development in a dynamic team by playing an important role within the local and regional valuations practice. From the outset you will be exposed to a diverse range of challenging valuation work across industry sectors including company share valuations and/or financial instruments and valuations of intangible assets. Interaction with senior colleagues and senior client individuals will also provide plenty of opportunity for candidates to build business development and marketing skills.
- Assist managers/senior manager/directors in carrying out valuation engagements
- Engage with clients on a day to day basis for carrying out the valuation fieldwork
- Provide support to junior team members in guiding and reviewing their work outputs
- Present valuation findings internally and, where required externally to clients
- Build a network around your peer group internally within PwC and externally
More specifically your role will involve:
- Carry out financial modelling assignments as part of the valuation process
- Prepare detailed analysis of peer group across a wide variety of industry sectors
- Prepare substantial written sections of valuation reports which supports the valuation conclusion
- Working with colleagues across all lines of services to deliver valuations alongside other services provided by PwC
- Although you would be based in the UAE, a degree of flexibility in travelling between regional offices maybe required as part of the role.
We are looking for an individual at Senior Associate level who has an excellent track record and meets the following criteria:
Work and academic background:
- 3-4 years of previous commercial, client-facing valuation work experience ideally in a big four
- ACA, CFA or ACCA qualified and/or Master/Bachelors’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- Hands on financial modelling experience with proficiency in Ms Excel
- Experience with PowerBi, Tableau will be a plus
Other required attributes:
- Strong analytical skills but tempered with an ability to think laterally
- Ability to deliver high quality written work
- Strong attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Ability to quickly grasp key business drivers and specific valuation issues
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.