Consultant, Transfer Agency
The candidate will be responsible for managing a variety of US Transfer Agency events and providing support/oversight to key production processes. Supports reoccurring FIS-TA processes, new fund launches, investor reporting, FIS-TA and EXP-AG rule governance, and general process improvement.
Operates under general supervision but works on own most of the time. Ability to serve as first point of reference for day-to-day FIS-TA and EXP-AG related queries, and serves as a liaison to related areas. Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills. Works closely with the Business Process Management (BPA Team) and may be engaged in smaller projects and/or training TA partners. Solid analytical and communication skills are needed to draft detailed project plans, maintain procedure documentation, scope business requirements, and provide project updates to a wide audience.
Strong organizational skills are required to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment. The ability to quickly learn Transfer Agency processes and to work effectively in a team environment is critical. Experience in the financial services industry specifically is preferred.
- Develop expertise within the Business Support Team to facilitate the execution of core processes including: client onboarding (fund launch and conversion support), critical monthly processes, client change, and maintaining static system data.
- Serve as a FIS-TA technical/functional expert without management responsibilities and be seen as a key advisor on significant business decisions.
- Serve as a primary application vendor contact and work closely with NFS Support and business partners to coordinate application releases.
- Lead a variety of TA processes of varying size and complexity demonstrating solid leadership and process management skills.
- Liaise with partner areas to analyze existing processes and develop new strategies to support growing and changing business needs.
- Execute core steps related to the SDLC process from a business unit perspective including: documentation to evidence new fund set-up, system rule updates, and reoccurring events. Complete process analysis, draft business requirements and test plans, complete required testing, and execute post implementation monitoring.
- Provides technical expertise for products/services and oversees the implementation of new processes to support these products/services on an ongoing basis to ensure that client needs are met.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial services including knowledge Transfer Agency processes.
- Knowledge of FIS-TA and EXP-AG is beneficial but not required.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.